Tuesday, February 3, 2009

That would be a Sevillana, NOT Flamenco

Let's start this long series of "what's happened in the last 6 days of my life" with the fact that I should probably be a professional dancer when I grow up!

NOT!!

I did attend two nights of flamenco, excuse me, Sevillano lessons last Tuesday and Wednesday. They were so much fun. My host mom is actually originally from just north of Sevilla, which is where the Sevillano originated (makes sense), so she showed me a few steps too.

It's a pretty basic dance, but it's FAST and the hands things is tricky, to make it look just right.

I was really excited to learn in preparation for my trip to Sevilla and Cordoba that weekend. But, I suck. I mean, I can do it, but I will not be making a career of the thing.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. In two hours I tried to perfect a dance that I have never seen or heard of before. I got close, but not yet. I'll keep practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment